Sometimes, you just really need a taco. We’re not messing with anything fancy or over-complicated, just some slow roasted jackfruit exploding with spice to kick you back into reality after months in quarantine.
Jackfruit Carne Asada
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 lb. jackfruit pulled apart
- corn tortillas, onions, cilantro, and limes to serve
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add your can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to a food processor and pulse a few times, until peppers are broken up.
Mix all ingredients except jackfruit in medium mixing bowl. Add jackfruit and stir to coat. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Drain excess marinade and place jackfruit on medium-sized baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. Stir and place back in oven for 1 hour, checking frequently to avoid overcooking.
- Serve on warmed corn tortillas topped with some diced onions and cilantro, and a slice of lime.
Original recipe by The Nut Free Vegan.